Tandem : Gas Analyser
Magellan Instruments : Reliability
The Tandem gas analyser offers you sophisticated CO2 and O2 gas measurement at a similar price to your other standard probes and sensors. Formerly the reserve of expensive equipment, you can now afford dedicated, individual, on-line monitoring and control of your processes. You gain the reliability and the flexibility required in your facility. At a time of squeezed capital budgets, the Tandem fits your needs.
How do you know whether you can gain from adding a Tandem to your process control equipment? If you are growing cells of any type in a bioreactor, you are likely to gain. To help you, the more of the statements below that apply to you, the more you can gain from gas analysis.
- I grow cells in a fermenter
- I take samples to make optical density, cell count or CDW readings
- I plot graphs of cell density or biomass, or calculate µ
- I want to reduce the number of samples I take
- I need to know glucose (or other substrate) uptake rates
- I need to know oxygen uptake rates
- I need to scale-up a bioprocess reliably to transfer to production
- I run a fed-batch process
- I run a continuous or steady-state process
- I want to know when my cells change their metabolism
- I want to reduce the amount of by-products produced by my cells
- I make ANY decision based on an off-line sample, e.g. induction, start of media or substrate feed, change of substrate, harvest etc.
- I need to characterise my process for validation work
There is a surprising amount of knowledge you can get about your bioprocess from the Tandem, and most installations are relatively simple. However, you must have a computer attached to your fermenter - this is the first step to improving your development times.
Copyright 2019, PAW Bioscience Products, LLC.
732-460-0088 | 732-460-0802 fax